Sunday, May 30, 2010

Big swimming day

Swimming milestones today:

Gracie actually took breathes above water before getting to her final resting place.  Usually she takes one big breath and swims from point A to point B all in one fell swoop.  She just hasn't gotten that she can poke her head above water to take a breath and keep going. Well, that moment hit her today.  I don't know what it was - probably watching Amalia do it and feeling comfortable enough to just try it - but I think we've turned a corner.  The real test will be when we're in our home pool.  Let's see if it carries over there.

Max, usuall skiddish, took to the water like a champ.  I had to drag him in multiple times, but he soon realized that he was safe in his floaties, so float he did.  He even got to the point where he would half-jump in from the shallow part.  We got over his fears of whatever in the past couple of days.  Again, the true test lies ahead.

Nick just took to it all like old hat.  He floated.  He swam.  He wasn't afraid.  He even seemed to like going under water.

We did this thing where we all jumped off of the big ledge, even with Nick and Max, and they loved it.  Max wanted to do it over and over.

I hope our summer is filled with many more awesome memories of family and water.

No comments:

Post a Comment