Friday, November 20, 2009

Story time at Gracie's school

I read to Gracie's school this morning. I was under the impression that I'd just be reading to her class, but it was the entire school - maybe 40 students. It was all good. I welcomed the larger audience :)

Gracie picked out the story last night - I Love it When You Smile. It's about a little kangaroo was wakes up in a grumpy mood and everything his mom does to make him smile doesn't work. They go out to breakfast and on the way, while hopping side to side, Roo's mom slips and they both wind up in a muddy pool at the bottom of the hill. Roo can't do anything else other than smile. :)

The kids loved it and Gracie was so proud and happy. I enjoyed being there for Gracie. These are the moments that I can never replace and certainly never have back.

I felt the story wasn't long enough, but Steph assured me that if they wanted me to read more, they would have asked me to.

1 comment:

  1. We checked that story out at the Library a few weeks ago. My girls loved it when the Roo got MESSY! How fun for you to read to the school!

    ReplyDelete