One day we woke up and had a clan. That's what twins will do for you. Some days we want to pull our hair out, others we're glad that it's not so gray, but every one of them is humbling reminder of the joy of life. This is a glimpse into our wonderful adventure.
Sunday, July 6, 2008
Vacation, day 2
There are things that come along every once in awhile that re-energize you, especially when you've reached parenthood. Last night was one of those 'things.' It was our first night without any kids which allowed us get a full night of uninterrupted sleep. That, in and of itself, was enough to re-energize us. But the reason we were sans kids was because of Josh Smith's wedding. We both go way back with Josh (Stephanie longer than me) - from our film production days in Austin. All of our film production friends were in town, too. Amy Raymond, Amy Carr, Tom Copeland and of course, the Stovalls. Stephanie and Roxy danced the night away while I laughed like crazy in the back of the room with Miker. I hit the wall at 10 PM, but no one wanted to retire yet so I stuck it out until 12:30 AM. The last time I was up at 12:30 AM was when Stephanie was in the hospital and we thought we were having babies. Miker and Roxy were still up at 1:30 with the notion of going out on the town. I don't know whether or not that happened.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment