Lots happened today. Both at home and at the hospital. The boys aren't here yet and really didn't tease us, but today was filled with activity.
I woke up here with a mission and that mission was applying First Anniversary to the 4 BIG walls in the nursery. But of course, I had to tape first. But before I could tape, I actually had to get the tape. Before I could actually get the tape, I had to get my mom and Gracie out of the house because....well, when a 2 1/2 year old knows that you are going to do anything to the walls, especially PAINT, in her baby brothers' room, it turns into a chaotic situation quickly. There is nothing productive to saying, 'Gracie, don't take that in there,' and following her into the other room(s) to get 'that' and bringing it back where it needs to go 15 times in the span of 5 minutes.
She just wanted to help and I love that - I want her to contribute in any way that she can - but at 8:30 this morning, my patience was misplaced. And I couldn't bring it back where it needed to go.
So, they left, Teddy started painting, I got the tape and then when I got back, we painted the room in a world-record time of 2 hours. Cutting in and everything. So what if there are some spots that need touch up. That goes with the territory. But I'm telling you, Mike and Teddy can go into business and make some serious scratch. Painting, landscaping, building - we are versatile. And efficient.
Meanwhile, at the hospital, my dad and Alanna started Steph's day off with a 2 hour visit. Apparently, it was a pleasant visit and just the thing Stephanie needed to start her Saturday. Then, her friend Sarah Wise came in from Houston just to give her a pedicure. She loves feet and will go to great lengths, 180 miles +, to give her friends pedicures :) JK. LoL. BRB. w00t. OMG. I think this is the most computer talk I've ever said. Or written. You would think with me working in Internet advertising for so many years, I would be down with this lingo. I think these letters are still valid communication, but I don't know what the kids are doing.
In any case, the pedicure happened, and apparently, it too was pleasant and just the thing that Stephanie needed in the middle of her Saturday.
She had a couple more visitors from the school today, which were also pleasant-type visits. By the end of it, though, she was exhausted. Not to mention, as the day went on, she grew more and more uncomfortable. Just being pregnant.
My mom and I went to the hospital tonight to see her and it was a great visit. I know for me, it was just the thing I needed to end my Saturday. I think she felt the same way.
One last thing of note, which is more heartbreaking than anything - last night before Gracie went to bed, Stephanie called home to wish her goodnight. She was fussy before that phone call, but when she heard her mommy's voice, it was all over. She started crying and saying, 'I want my mommy' and it was enough to cripple you. Even though Gracie can't communicate everything she wants or needs, she knows exactly what to say when she needs a little lovin. She misses seeing her mommy everyday. And Gracie baby, I can tell you, your mommy misses seeing you everyday.
I woke up here with a mission and that mission was applying First Anniversary to the 4 BIG walls in the nursery. But of course, I had to tape first. But before I could tape, I actually had to get the tape. Before I could actually get the tape, I had to get my mom and Gracie out of the house because....well, when a 2 1/2 year old knows that you are going to do anything to the walls, especially PAINT, in her baby brothers' room, it turns into a chaotic situation quickly. There is nothing productive to saying, 'Gracie, don't take that in there,' and following her into the other room(s) to get 'that' and bringing it back where it needs to go 15 times in the span of 5 minutes.
She just wanted to help and I love that - I want her to contribute in any way that she can - but at 8:30 this morning, my patience was misplaced. And I couldn't bring it back where it needed to go.
So, they left, Teddy started painting, I got the tape and then when I got back, we painted the room in a world-record time of 2 hours. Cutting in and everything. So what if there are some spots that need touch up. That goes with the territory. But I'm telling you, Mike and Teddy can go into business and make some serious scratch. Painting, landscaping, building - we are versatile. And efficient.
Meanwhile, at the hospital, my dad and Alanna started Steph's day off with a 2 hour visit. Apparently, it was a pleasant visit and just the thing Stephanie needed to start her Saturday. Then, her friend Sarah Wise came in from Houston just to give her a pedicure. She loves feet and will go to great lengths, 180 miles +, to give her friends pedicures :) JK. LoL. BRB. w00t. OMG. I think this is the most computer talk I've ever said. Or written. You would think with me working in Internet advertising for so many years, I would be down with this lingo. I think these letters are still valid communication, but I don't know what the kids are doing.
In any case, the pedicure happened, and apparently, it too was pleasant and just the thing that Stephanie needed in the middle of her Saturday.
She had a couple more visitors from the school today, which were also pleasant-type visits. By the end of it, though, she was exhausted. Not to mention, as the day went on, she grew more and more uncomfortable. Just being pregnant.
My mom and I went to the hospital tonight to see her and it was a great visit. I know for me, it was just the thing I needed to end my Saturday. I think she felt the same way.
One last thing of note, which is more heartbreaking than anything - last night before Gracie went to bed, Stephanie called home to wish her goodnight. She was fussy before that phone call, but when she heard her mommy's voice, it was all over. She started crying and saying, 'I want my mommy' and it was enough to cripple you. Even though Gracie can't communicate everything she wants or needs, she knows exactly what to say when she needs a little lovin. She misses seeing her mommy everyday. And Gracie baby, I can tell you, your mommy misses seeing you everyday.
No comments:
Post a Comment